The truth is often difficult to hear. Whether your child is an infant or an adolescent, there are many potential causes of Lexington brain injuries and it can be difficult to protect your child all the time. However, you may be able to prevent some serious accidents by recognizing the risks and you may be able to help a child who has been hurt by knowing more about brain injury recoveries.
Risks and Recoveries
Some of the more common risks of serious brain injury come from:
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Sports injuries – With or without helmets
- Abuse or shaken baby syndrome
- Car accidents
Sometimes something as simple as a trip and fall can lead to a serious brain injury. If your child has been involved in an accident or has hit his or her head then it is important to see a doctor for a diagnosis and to discuss your child’s recovery if a brain injury is found. A recovery may include:
- Medical treatment
- Rest with or without hospitalization
- Rehabilitation treatments
- Specialized instruction at school
Other specific courses of action may be recommended by a pediatrician, pediatric neurologist or other doctor treating your child.
Let’s Educate All Lexington Parents
All parents deserve to know how to protect their children from Lexington brain injuries and about what to do if their child suffers from a brain injury. Please help us spread the word by sharing this blog post with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or other methods and please leave a comment on this post if you have anything that you would like to add to add to the discussion.
- How to Help Your Child Recover From a Brain Injury Accident in Louisville
- Who Pays for a Child’s Medical Treatment, Education, and Other Needs If He Suffered a Brain Injury in a Spaghetti Junction Car Crash?