Whether you can file a wrongful death claim will depend on the cause of the crash that led to your loved one’s ejection from the car and subsequent death. If, for example, your loved one died because he chose not to wear a seatbelt, you may not have a successful wrongful death claim. However, you may have a wrongful death claim if he died because:
- The seatbelt was defective.
- The vehicle in which your loved one was a passenger rolled over.
- Your loved one was a child and the driver failed to make your child ride in a car seat or wear a seatbelt.
In any of these scenarios, someone else’s negligence may have caused your loved one’s death.
Potential Damages After a Fatal Car Crash Ejection
After a Kentucky car accident ejection death, surviving family members may be able to recover compensation for the following kinds of damages in wrongful death and survival actions:
- Medical expenses incurred from the time of the accident until the time of death
- Pain and suffering endured by your loved one from the time of the accident until your loved one’s time of death
- Lost income from the time of the accident until what would be your loved one’s anticipated retirement date
- Funeral costs
- Suffering and anguish suffered by family members
- Value of household services that your loved one can no longer do
The value of these damages will depend on the unique circumstances of your loved one’s life, accident, and death.
Contact a Kentucky Car Accident Wrongful Death Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Learn how an experienced auto accident attorney may help you if your loved one was killed in a vehicle ejection accident. Our experienced lawyers know what evidence to consider, how to negotiate with insurance companies, and how to present convincing cases in court. We can make sure that justice is done while you grieve the loss of your loved one.
To find out more about how our law firm may be able to help you, please contact us through this website or by phone at any time. We would be pleased to schedule a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation with you at your convenience.