My dad, who has Alzheimer’s, is in a Kentucky nursing home. When I visited him today, I saw a lot of bruises on him. When I asked him about them, he couldn’t remember how he got them. I’m sure he’s being abused. What can I do?

Request Your Free Consultation

Kentucky has a law—KRS Chapter 209—that protects vulnerable adults from abuse, neglect, and exploitation. If you think your dad’s life is in immediate danger, call the police. Otherwise, here is who to contact:

  1. Report your suspicions to Adult Protective Services. They investigate such complaints. You can either write up the incident and mail it or call in your report:

            Adult Protective Services

            275 E. Main Street

            Frankfort, KY 40621


  1. You may also wish to make a complaint to the Office of the Inspector General, the agency responsible for licensing nursing homes:


  1. You can call in a complaint to the Office of the Attorney General’s Abuse Tip Line:



Don’t hesitate to take action. When you contact these places, make sure that you have any relevant information such as

  • your father’s name;
  • the name, address, and phone number of the nursing home;
  • the names and contact information for any witnesses; and
  • the date you observed the bruises.

Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?

If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.