My sister, who lived in the suburbs outside Louisville, committed suicide last week. There had been signs, which my parents reported to her psychiatrist; but other than requiring her to go in for an additional appointment, nothing was done. If she had been admitted to a mental health facility, I believe she would still be alive. Can my parents sue anyone for her wrongful death?

Request Your Free Consultation

Please accept my deepest sympathies for the loss of your sister. It sounds to me as if her death could have been prevented.

The ideal thing for your parents to do is to consult a Louisville attorney who is experienced in wrongful death cases. Attorneys usually do not charge for an initial consultation, and the information and support your parents can get from this meeting is invaluable.

From the sound of it, someone dropped the ball in your sister’s treatment—most likely, her psychiatrist. If possible, your parents should document any interaction they had with your sister’s doctors, including the psychiatrist. Any mention to them of your concerns, your observations of your sister, and any clues you gleaned from things that she said should be listed, along with dates or approximations of dates they occurred.

Obviously, nothing can replace a loved one who has been suddenly snatched away, but our wrongful death attorneys in Louisville can help you to get some compensation for your loss. Call Gray and White Law to set up a FREE, no-obligation consultation. Call us at 502-210-8942 or toll free at 888-450-4456.