What should I do if my spouse or child appears to have a head injury after a serious accident in Kentucky?

Request Your Free Consultation

After an accident in Kentucky, if your spouse or child appears to have a head injury, seek immediate medical attention. There is no way of determining the extent of the internal damages without a medical expert, and with serious head trauma, obtaining quick treatment is crucial.

If you don’t have a cellphone, use a bystander’s phone and call 911 immediately. As you’re awaiting the arrival of paramedics, if practical, you can collect witness information and snap pictures of the scene for later use in a Kentucky injury claim.

You’ll also need to watch for signs and symptoms of a head injury, including: 

  • loss of consciousness;
  • bleeding (on head and face, or from the nose or ears);
  • confusion, slurred speech, and muscle weakness; and
  • persistent crying, bulging soft spot on an infant’s head, and repeated vomiting (in children). 

If your loved one’s injuries are severe, you’ll want to: 

  • keep him or her lying still, and avoid movement if possible;
  • apply pressure to stop the bleeding, but don’t press directly on the wound if you suspect the skull has been fractured; and
  • keep an eye on breathing, and administer CPR if necessary. 

No one wants to be in this horrible situation. When your spouse or child is injured, taking care of their wellbeing will be your top priority. 

After the immediate health crisis has passed, you’ll want to consult an attorney who handles accidents in Kentucky, so you can discuss liability and determine if a Kentucky injury claim is practicable given your situation.

Contacting Kentucky Car Accident Lawyers

Head injuries necessitate immediate medical attention after an accident in Kentucky, and there are steps you can take as you await the first responders.  A Louisville car accident attorney at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your truck or car accident injury claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.