It can be difficult to assess the damage that’s been done by a car crash, medical malpractice accident, slip and fall, or other type of accident. You may not feel quite right, but are these symptoms due to shock, fatigue, or a brain injury? How can you tell what is going on in your head and whether you need help?
The Many Symptoms of Possible Brain Injuries You Don’t Want to Ignore
It is important to get medical attention for a possible concussion or traumatic brain injury as soon as possible so that you can get the treatment you need to recover. According to the Mayo Clinic, some possible signs of traumatic brain injury include:
- Loss of consciousness.
- Feeling dazed or confused.
- Having memory or concentration difficulties.
- Dizziness or balance problems
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Vision or hearing problems.
- Sensitivity to light or sound.
- Mood changes.
- Feelings of depression or anxiety.
- Sleep problems.
- Fatigue or drowsiness.
- Agitation or other changes in personality.
- Weakness in extremities.
- Convulsions or seizures.
- Eye dilation.
- Clear fluid from the nose or ears.
Additionally, children may experience:
- Changes in hearing or nursing habits.
- Consistent crying without being able to be consoled.
- Excessive irritability.
- Inability to pay attention.
- Loss of interest in favorite toys or games.
Some victims of brain injuries experience one or more of these symptoms, and other victims experience none of these symptoms. The symptoms may be mild, moderate, or severe. Accordingly, if you have suffered any head injury, it is important to seek medical attention.
Contact a Louisville Brain Injury Lawyer if You’ve Been Hurt
If you have been injured in a Kentucky accident that has resulted in a brain injury, then it is important to find out more about your legal rights and possible recovery. We invite you to contact our experienced Louisville brain injury attorneys today at 800.634.8767 or 502.210.8942 for a FREE consultation.