How to File a Personal Injury Claim against a Kentucky Government Entity (Part A)

Request Your Free Consultation

As an experienced personal injury attorney will explain, filing a Kentucky personal injury claim can be a complicated process even when there are no extenuating circumstances; however, it can become much more difficult when the case involves a government entity.

If your accident was caused by a government employee or poor conditions in a government-owned property, you must follow a specific set of guidelines in order to pursue compensation for your personal injury or your claim could be denied.

A Kentucky personal injury attorney can help you submit the proper paperwork and navigate you through the court system when filing a claim against the government. In addition, he or she can investigate your accident to find proof that the entity was responsible for injuries.

Filing a Claim against a Kentucky Government Entity

There are several circumstances in which a claim can be filed against a government entity for causing a personal injury. For example, you may have been involved in a car crash with a city bus driver or an individual driving a government vehicle.

If road conditions were responsible for an accident and the city has a responsibility to maintain the roadways, it could be held liable for your injuries.

The first step when filing a personal injury claim against a government entity in Kentucky is to gather all of the evidence necessary for your claim, including:

  • photos of the accident scene;
  • medical bills;
  • your diagnoses; and
  • the names and contact information of witnesses.

When submitting your claim, you should first contact the clerk’s office for the government agency that is responsible for your injury; if they do not accept claims, they can direct you to the appropriate department. Failure to file within this timeframe means you will lose your chance to recover damages. To ensure you meet all deadlines, speak with a Kentucky personal injury attorney – 502-210-8942 or 888-450-4456.

Continue to Next Page >>