The elderly are more susceptible to injuries caused by medication errors. However, there are ways that the chance of an injury can be significantly reduced or even completely eliminated. If your loved one became seriously or fatally ill, or injured as a result of nursing home negligence, contact a Louisville nursing home attorney.
Here are 5 drug safety tips for the elderly:
- review your loved one’s medications with a doctor or pharmacy, especially when prescribed a new drug;
- check with a doctor before mixing over-the-counter medicines with prescription drugs;
- always dispose of used or old medicines;
- learn what the side effects could be when starting a new drug; and
- carefully read the label to ensure the right medication and right dosage is being given.
When your loved one has been entrusted to the care of a nursing home facility, you assume they will be safely and properly cared for. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. If your loved one was abused or neglected, you should immediately seek assistance from a Louisville nursing home attorney.
A lawyer will take the time to:
- evaluate the details of your case;
- determine if the nursing home was liable; and
- explain what types of compensation may be available.
Don’t delay in seeking legal counsel when your loved one’s rights have been violated.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.