Try using these 5 safety tips when sharing the highway with tractor trailers.
- Don’t stop suddenly in front of a truck; it can take up to the length of an entire football field for a rig to come to a complete stop.
- Avoid truck drivers’ blind spots, which are located around the front, back, and sides of the truck. Before moving around the truck, make sure you can see the driver’s face in the side mirror. (If you can’t, the driver can’t see you either.)
- Never attempt to squeeze into the inside area between the truck and the curb while the driver is swinging wide to the left during a right turn.
- Try not to travel alongside tractor trailers for longer than necessary.
- Make sure your car is visible to the truck driver before passing. Use your signal, ease over, and then pass swiftly and cautiously.
Contacting a Kentucky Truck Accident Lawyer
In order to help you obtain a fair settlement for your Kentucky truck accident claim, it’s best to retain the services of an experienced truck accident attorney in Louisville from the Law Offices of Gray and White. We will give your case the personal attention it requires. Contact us today for a free case consultation – 1-502-210-8942.