When your loved one has been a nursing home patient on a ventilator, and negligence resulted in serious or fatal injuries, you may wonder what legal options are available. To learn if you have the right to pursue a claim against the nursing home facility and/or caregiver responsible for your loved one, you should speak with a Louisville nursing home neglect lawyer.
Here are some questions to ask a nursing home facility concerning ventilator use:
- How many patients in your facility are currently on ventilators?
- How often does the staff receive training on the care of patients who are on ventilators?
- What would happen if my loved one were to require a ventilator?
- How often are the ventilators inspected and maintained?
- How do you handle patients who are resistant to ventilators?
- How often are the ventilator tubes cleaned out?
You have the right to ask questions when your loved one is under the care of a nursing home facility. This is especially true if he or she is facing a serious situation, such as needing a ventilator.
If your loved one was a nursing home patient on a ventilator and suffered injuries, you may be entitled to seek compensation. You should speak immediately with a Louisville nursing home neglect lawyer to learn how you can protect your loved one’s rights.
Contacting a Louisville Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
A Louisville nursing home neglect lawyer at Gray and White can help you handle every aspect of your nursing home neglect claim. If you believe someone you love has been the victim of abuse or neglect, contact us today for a FREE, no-commitment evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 1-502-210-8942.