When your loved one has been a nursing home patient on a ventilator, and negligence resulted in serious or fatal injuries, you may wonder what legal options are available. To learn if you have the right to pursue a claim against the nursing home facility and/or caregiver responsible for your loved one, you should speak with a Louisville nursing home neglect lawyer.
Here are some questions to ask a nursing home facility concerning ventilator use:
- How many patients in your facility are currently on ventilators?
- How often does the staff receive training on the care of patients who are on ventilators?
- What would happen if my loved one were to require a ventilator?
- How often are the ventilators inspected and maintained?
- How do you handle patients who are resistant to ventilators?
- How often are the ventilator tubes cleaned out?
You have the right to ask questions when your loved one is under the care of a nursing home facility. This is especially true if he or she is facing a serious situation, such as needing a ventilator.
If your loved one was a nursing home patient on a ventilator and suffered injuries, you may be entitled to seek compensation. You should speak immediately with a Louisville nursing home neglect lawyer to learn how you can protect your loved one’s rights.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured In A Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.