If your loved one had bedsores that caused her death in a Louisville nursing home then a wrongful death claim is primarily about your family. It is about honoring your loved one. It is about getting your family the recovery that you deserve, and it is about holding the people who caused your loved one’s death accountable.
But it Is Also About More Than That
It can also teach important lessons to:
- Your children. You can teach your children to stand up for what is right and for those who may not be able to speak for themselves.
- Nursing home residents and their families. You may help make the nursing home where your loved one suffered bedsores safer for other residents.
- Other nursing homes. You may also make other nursing homes safer by sending the message that nursing home neglect generally, and bedsores specifically, are expensive. Nursing homes in Louisville, Lexington, and elsewhere in Kentucky may realize that they are better off preventing bedsores and death before it occurs.
These may not be the primary reasons that you file a nursing home abuse case, but they may have positive consequences.
Has Your Loved One Been Injured in a Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.
- Filing a Nursing Home Wrongful Death Case Isn’t All About the Money
- Bedsores in Kentucky Nursing Homes Can Be Fatal
- What Filing a Wrongful Death Case Is Really Like