Cerebral Palsy

Request Your Free Consultation

How long after my child is diagnosed do I have to file a cerebral palsy lawsuit ?

You ask an important question, especially in Kentucky. While all states have statutes of limitations that give people a certain amount of time to file a lawsuit, Kentucky’s statute of limitations for cerebral palsy, birth injuries, and other personal injuries is among the shortest in…

Read More

Does my child with cerebral palsy need a communication board?

Your child has a lot to say, but right now, she has no way to communicate with you because her cerebral palsy causes difficulties with oral motor functioning. You would do anything to help her communicate because you know that communication is essential to her…

Read More

Does cerebral palsy cause intellectual disabilities?

Cerebral palsy is often caused by brain damage that occurs before, during, or shortly after birth. However, cerebral palsy is not an intellectual disability. Instead, cerebral palsy is a group of disorders that impact movement, muscle tone, or posture. Cognitive Impairments Some people with cerebral palsy…

Read More

Does cerebral palsy impact life expectancy?

On average, the life expectancy for people living in the United States is 78.6 years, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As a parent, every decision you make is designed to help your child live a happy and long life. But if he…

Read More

How much does it cost to hire a cerebral palsy attorney?

We can only answer this question for ourselves. Our Kentucky cerebral palsy lawyers believe that every child who has been hurt by medical negligence should be compensated for their injuries. Attorneys’ fees should not be a barrier to a parent seeking compensation for medical costs,…

Read More

How can I find a speech and language professional for my child with cerebral palsy in Kentucky?

Networking is often the best way to start your search for a professional to provide your child with speech and language therapy. You can ask your child’s pediatrician, physical therapist, or other service providers. Additionally, you can ask your relatives, friends, or parents of other…

Read More