Posted on March 31, 2011Medication errors can take place in all kinds of settings and under a variety of circumstances. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured because of an error in medication, you may be eligible to pursue a Kentucky medical malpractice claim.
With the help of a Louisville medical malpractice attorney, you can better understand if you have a case and if it was the result of someone else's negligence. A Louisville medical malpractice attorney will also collect the evidence necessary to build a solid Kentucky medical malpractice claim.
Healthcare professionals of all types can be negligent when it comes to medication, which can include doctors, nurses, pharmacists and drug manufacturers.
Medication errors can take place in a doctor's office, hospital, pharmacy or nursing home. Each circumstance is unique but no matter where it happens or who is negligent, you may have the legal right to seek compensation for your injuries.
Some of the common types of medication errors leading to a Kentucky medical malpractice claim include:
- prescribing or administering the wrong medication;
- prescribing or administering the wrong dose;
- failure to take into consideration a health condition or other medications that may not interact safely;
- misdiagnosed condition that results in unnecessary medication;
- failure to recognize warnings or risks of medication;
- illegible handwriting from doctor's prescription note;
- drugs with similar names;
- wrong label is attached to medication;
- drug manufacturer provides incorrect drug label or fails to provide adequate warnings; and
- wrong patient is given medication.
These are just some of the common types of medication errors that can happen. There are devastating consequences that can result from this type of medical negligence.
If you have been injured because of a medication error, consulting with a Louisville medical malpractice attorney should be your next step.
Contacting a Louisville Medical Malpractice Attorney
A Louisville medical malpractice attorney at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your Kentucky medical malpractice claim. If you've been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case - 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.