You’re right: you really must report the error. If it happened to you, it may happen to someone else, and he or she might not catch the error in time to prevent serious health consequences.

Here is what to do:

  1. Go online to the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) website
  2. Select “Report errors.”
  3. Describe the incident, including information such as the following:
    1. whether the error was made by the pharmacy or the provider, if you can determine this;
    2. name and address of the pharmacy;
    3. type of business or practice in which the pharmacy is located;
    4. generic and brand names of the medication;
    5. dosage method (pill, ointment, etc.);
    6. how you discovered the mistake; and
    7. suggestions you have for preventing this mistake from recurring.
  4. Upload pictures of the medication and the pharmacy, if you have any.
  5. Include your email address (the ISMP may need to contact you); including your name is optional.
  6. Select “Submit” to send the report.

If you have been harmed because of a Kentucky pharmacy mistake, contact a Louisville medication error attorney. Call Gray and White Law at 502-210-8942 or toll free at 888-450-4456 to set up a FREE, no-obligation consultation.

Matthew L. White
Connect with me
Founder & Partner of Louisville Personal Injury Law Firm Gray & White Law