If you have lost a loved one in a preventable accident due to another party’s negligence, you may have the right to hold the at-fault party accountable by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Contact Gray and White Law to arrange a free consultation with a trusted Hardin County Wrongful Death Lawyer today. Call (502) 210-8942 or complete our online contact form today.
How a Gray and White Law Hardin County Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help Your Case
During this extremely trying time for your family, the burden of dealing with an insurance company alone can be unbearable. A skilled Hardin County attorney can handle the legal aspects of your claim so that you can focus on your family. With their thorough understanding of the applicable laws and experience negotiating with insurers, they will ensure your rights are protected and you receive fair compensation. They will fight with your family’s best interests in mind and see that the wrongful party is held responsible.
When you work with the attorneys at Gray and White Law, you get:
- A team that has successfully recovered millions in compensation for our clients in Kentucky.
- A successful track record is based on decades of experience and the personal attention we devote to each wrongful death case.
- A team that understands the devastation these cases cause and will never charge an upfront fee. We only get paid if you do.
Available Compensation in a Wrongful Death Claim
The personal representative of the deceased person’s estate can initiate a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation on behalf of surviving family members. The representative is typically named in the decedent’s will or appointed by the court. The types of compensation commonly awarded include the following:
- Medical bills related to the death
- Funeral, cremation, or burial costs
- Loss of the victim’s expected wages
- Loss of benefits
- Reduction in the inheritance suffered by surviving children
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of support and services that the victim provided, such as childcare
- Loss of society, companionship, comfort, guidance, and advice
- Conscious pain and suffering the deceased endured due to their injuries
- Interest on top of the damages awarded, which are calculated from the date of death
In some cases, the court may also award punitive damages to punish the defendant (at-fault party) if their actions were malicious or egregious.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
A wrongful death lawsuit can arise from a large variety of preventable accidents. However, our Hardin County wrongful death attorney commonly represents families who have lost loved ones in:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Incidents of medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
A wrongful death attorney will help you gather the necessary evidence to prove who is liable and the grounds for filing the claim.
Speak to a Trusted Wrongful Death Attorney in Hardin County
Our Hardin County Wrongful Death Lawyer at Gray and White Law cares about your family’s suffering. We know that nothing can bring your loved one back, but obtaining compensation can give you a sense of justice and help ease the financial burdens you face in the wake of their passing. To arrange a free consultation so we may discuss your case and legal options, call (502) 210-8942 or complete our online contact form today.