Motorcyclists have a right to ride safely on Kentucky roads. Unfortunately, other drivers often cause catastrophic accidents. If you’re hurt, or a loved one is killed in a bike crash, our experienced Louisville motorcycle accident lawyer is here to help you 24/7/365. We will fight for you, just as we would fight for members of our own family.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Louisville
Many people have an outdated view of motorcycle riders as daredevils who take unnecessary risks. They assume that if a rider is injured in a crash, it must have been their own fault. In reality, it is often the carelessness of other drivers that leads to a serious crash. A car or truck driver may cause a deadly motorcycle crash if the driver is:
- Drunk. An intoxicated driver may not see a motorcyclist, have slower reaction times, or make unsafe driving decisions.
- Distracted. A driver who is texting, eating, talking, or even daydreaming while driving may not notice a motorcyclist until it is too late to avoid a collision.
- Drowsy. Tired drivers pose risks similar to riders and other motorists as drunk and distracted drivers.
- Speeding. Drivers traveling over the speed limit or too fast for road conditions may be unable to stop in time to avoid hitting a rider.
- Inattentive. A driver who fails to check for motorcyclists before changing lanes, making a left turn, or opening a car door may cause a motorcycle accident.
You may not know immediately after the accident what caused the crash, but an experienced motorcyclist accident lawyer can find out what happened so that you can demand fair compensation.
Common Injuries Riders Suffer in Louisville Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle riders don’t have protective metal, seatbelts, airbags, and other safety features to keep them safe in a crash. A motorcyclist may suffer one or more of the following injuries when they are hit or run off the road by a car:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Other neck, back, or head injuries
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
According to our Louisville motorcycle accident attorney, each year, close to 100 motorcyclists die in crashes in Kentucky, and many of those crashes were not the rider’s fault.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Louisville
You may be in pain and feel overwhelmed immediately after your motorcycle crash. Our legal team will help you every step of the way. From the time you contact us for an initial consultation until your case is tried to a jury or settled, you will never have to wonder whether you are making the right decision regarding your motorcycle accident claim.
While we will provide you with personalized guidance based on your unique case, we generally recommend that motorcycle accident victims do the following, if possible:
- Call the police
- Gather evidence at the scene of the crash (i.e., take photos, write down witnesses’ names and contact information)
- Get medical attention
- Avoid speaking with insurance adjusters
- Consult our motorcycle accident lawyer in Louisville as soon as possible
Additionally, we recommend that you avoid posting on social media until you speak with an attorney.
What Damages Can Be Collected After a Louisville Motorcycle Wreck
You are already suffering physical, emotional, and financial damages because of someone else’s negligence. While we can’t go back in time and prevent the crash from happening, our Louisville motorcycle accident lawyer can help you protect your future by fighting for your fair recovery of past, current, and future:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Together, these damages may help you recover from your motorcycle accident injuries.
Contact Our Louisville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Kentucky has a short personal injury statute of limitations. Therefore, we encourage you to contact our experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Louisville, KY, as soon as possible and not wait until the statute of limitations is about to expire. By contacting a lawyer quickly, you may:
- Avoid potentially costly mistakes
- Protect available evidence
- Start (and therefore end) your claim sooner
Gray and White Law only represents people who have been seriously injured or lost a loved one. We limit our practice in this way so that we can provide each client with the personal attention they deserve. When you hire our motorcycle accident attorney, you hire our whole firm, including all of our attorneys, paralegals, and our staff nurse.
We are proud to offer you our No-Fee Policy. You won’t owe us any hourly legal fees. Instead, we will only be paid if your claim is successful. Please contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with our experienced Louisville motorcycle accident lawyer.