If you or a loved one have suffered harm due to medical negligence, our experienced Shepherdsville Medical Malpractice Attorney is here to help. We are dedicated to seeking justice for our clients. Call (502) 210-8942 or send us a message online to arrange a free consultation today.
Why Choose Our Shepherdsville Medical Malpractice Attorney?
- Our team has a proven track record of successfully handling a wide range of medical malpractice cases.
- Our team works closely with medical experts, investigators, and other professionals to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Your case will be handled with care and dedication from start to finish.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Navigating a medical malpractice case can be incredibly complex and emotionally draining. An experienced medical malpractice lawyer has the resources to gather crucial evidence, consult with medical experts, and construct a compelling case on your behalf. As a result, you or your loved ones and fight for the justice and compensation they rightfully deserve.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
Here are some common types of medical malpractice cases we handle:
Instances where a surgeon makes a mistake during a surgical procedure, such as operating on the wrong body part, leaving instruments inside a patient, or causing damage to surrounding tissues or organs.
Mistakes related to administering anesthesia can range from giving too much or too little, leading to adverse reactions or complications during surgery.
Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis
When a healthcare provider fails to accurately diagnose a condition in a timely manner, leading to delayed treatment or incorrect treatment plans.
These cases involve preventable injuries to the infant or mother during pregnancy, childbirth, or after delivery.
When incorrect medications or dosages are administered to a patient it can result in serious harm or complications.
This is a case where a patient dies due to the negligence or misconduct of a healthcare professional.
Each case is unique, and the specifics can vary widely.
Types of Compensation Available
There are various types of compensation available in a medical malpractice case. Here are the common types:
Compensation for actual financial losses, such as:
- Medical Expenses: All past, current, and future medical bills related to the malpractice, such as hospital stays, surgeries, medication, therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for any income lost due to the malpractice, including time off work for treatment or recovery.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: If the malpractice results in a reduced ability to earn income in the future, this can be accounted for.
Compensation for non-monetary losses, such as:
- Pain and Suffering: This encompasses the physical pain and emotional suffering experienced as a result of the malpractice.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: Compensation for any reduction in the quality of life or ability to engage in activities previously enjoyed.
- Loss of Consortium: Family members may be eligible for compensation if the malpractice affects their relationship with the victim.
This type of compensation is awarded in cases where the defendant’s (at-fault party’s) actions were particularly reckless, egregious, or intentionally harmful. They are intended to punish the defendant and deter similar behavior in the future.
Wrongful Death Damages
In cases where the malpractice leads to the death of the victim, compensation may be awarded to the surviving family members for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, emotional suffering, and more.
We Can Help
If you believe you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice, our Shepherdsville Medical Malpractice Attorney can advise you on your rights and the best course of action. Call (502) 210-8942 or fill out our online contact form to arrange a free consultation today.