I hear—too often—about elderly folk in Kentucky nursing homes being beaten, thrown around like rag dolls, left to lie in their own waste. I’ve seen YouTube videos that reveal unbearably clearly a nursing home employee rough-handling, humiliating, or cursing at someone’s mother or father.
What is wrong with these caregivers?
I’m going to sit in my hypothetical chair with my hypothetical pen and pad of paper, and I will listen to these individuals—who are hypothetically lying on my couch, of course.
“Tell Me How You’re Feeling”
If I were to ask the abusive caregivers this question, here is how they might respond:
- “The nursing home won’t hire enough caregivers. I do the work of three people! How do you think I feel?! I’m exhausted!”
- “I am so upset. My supervisor wouldn’t let me take off early to go to my daughter’s recital because there’s no one to fill in for me. Now my daughter is going to be disappointed.”
- “That man keeps wandering off where he shouldn’t go, and the boss says it’s my fault if he gets hurt! I’m frustrated!”
- “She’s hard to take care of. Nothing I do for her is right, and she complains to my supervisor. I’m exasperated!”
- “We need more staff. I worked 65 hours last week. One day I worked back-to-back shifts. I’m whipped!”
I can listen to them, and I can sympathize with them, but their problems still can’t justify what they put these frail elderly people through. What do you think?
Has Your Loved One Been Injured in a Nursing Home?
If you believe your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse you need to speak with an experienced Kentucky nursing home neglect attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.