To protect yourself, there are a number of important questions you should ask when you receive a new prescription so you can potentially avoid being the victim of a medication error. In the event that you have already been injured due to an error with your medication, you should consult with a Louisville medication mistake lawyer.
Some of the questions you should ask when you receive a new prescription include:
- What is the name of the medication?
- How do you spell the name of the medication?
- Why am I being prescribed it?
- How do I take the medication?
- How much should I take?
- When should the medicine be taken?
- How long will I need to take it?
- When can I expect to see it begin working?
- Are there any side effects?
- Are there are any serious risks to taking it?
- Are there any activities, food or drinks I should avoid while on it?
- Is this medication safe to take with other medications I am on?
- Who should I contact if I begin to feel side effects?
- Are there written instructions for the medication?
Being active in your own healthcare may help prevent you from becoming a victim of a medication error with a new prescription. When you ask specific questions, you open up dialogue with the doctor or pharmacist. In the course of your discussion, your healthcare provider may even realize the medication you are being prescribed could have a potential bad interaction with another medication you may be on and so on.
This is just one example where asking the right questions might save you from injuries. On the other hand, it is also your physician’s responsibility to ask you the right questions to ensure he or she is taking the appropriate action in prescribing you medication. A Louisville medication mistake lawyer can help you assess a case of wrong medication or medication error and help you determine if it justifies filing a Kentucky medication error claim.
Contacting a Louisville Medication Mistake Lawyer
A Louisville medication mistake lawyer at Gray and White Law can help you handle every aspect of your Kentucky medication error claim. If you’ve been injured in Kentucky, contact us today for a free evaluation of your case – 1-888-450-4456 or 502-210- 8942.