March is Brain Injury Awareness Month. For more than 30 years, the Brain Injury Association of America has conducted public awareness campaigns during the month of March. This year, as in 2018 and 2020, the theme for Brain Injury Awareness Month is Change Your Mind.
There are three goals of this public awareness campaign. The goals include:
- Ending the brain injury stigma
- Empowering people with brain injuries and the people who care for them
- Educating people about the many types of supports that are available to help people live with brain injuries
Together, these efforts can help people with brain injuries lead lives that are as full and productive as possible.
Start Changing Minds Today
If you would like to get involved in the 2019 Brain Injury Awareness Campaign, you can take one or more of the following steps. You can:
- Promote the Brain Injury Association of America’s Change Your Mind Campaign by sharing advertising materials, posting on social media, adding a frame to your Facebook profile, or sharing your own story
- Get involved with the Brain Injury Alliance of Kentucky in Louisville or with another local group
- Donate money to a brain injury organization
Taking action to promote brain injury awareness, provide support to people with brain injuries and their caregivers, and educate people about the types of support that are available is essential.
Have You Suffered a Brain Injury?
If you’ve suffered a brain injury you need to speak with an experienced brain injury lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 888.450.4456 to schedule a free consultation.